Numerous opportunities exist throughout the campus for perpetuating
your family name or that of someone you would like to honor.
Investments in Endowments
An endowed gift is one in which the principal of the original gift is never invaded; the gift, therefore, exists in perpetuity.
The interest generated each year is used for a specific purpose designated by the donor, as illustrated below. Endowments are fully funded within five years of the initial contribution.
- Faculty – Named chairs and professorships
- Student Access – Scholarships and grants-in-aid. Many of the scholarships given to enrolled students and awards given to graduating students include endowments.
- Residency Programs
- Management Information Systems
- Clinical Research
- Outreach Programs – Offsite affiliated facilities
- Special Programs – Such as lecture series and student activities
- Technology – unique clinical equipment and its upkeep/upgrades, such as the Electrodiagnostic mfERG that evaluates sight pathways.
Investments in Facilities
The facilities at the University receive a great number of visitors and many have areas available for naming. The options run the gamut from naming an entire building to naming a pre-clinic laboratory or patient exam room. A sampling of investment opportunities:
University Eye Center
- Ocular Disease Center
- Patient Care Rooms
Richard L. Hopping Academic Center
- Lecture Hall
- Seminar Rooms
- Fitness Center
- Lecture Hall Seating
Student and Faculty Center
- Student Lounge
Basic and Clinical Sciences Building
- Pre-Clinic Laboratories
- Optic Laboratory