Research at SCCO
At SCCO we have a long history of nationally- and internationally-recognized optometric research. We offer many opportunities for students and faculty to explore their interests and conduct or collaborate in studies through a number of different programs.
Why Optometry Students Participate in Research
- Improves your clinical skills—for example, studying dry eye syndrome will make you more competent in detecting the condition in the clinic
- Publishing is pretty cool! It's inspiring for others and publishing your research can earn you greater respect among you peers
- Career edge—when you apply for a residency program, having research experience is likely to give you a competitive advantage
- Income—grants are available for research into eye conditions
- Buzz for your practice—academic practitioners tend to keep abreast of innovations
- Travel to exotic places—international conferences attract accomplished speakers and can broaden your horizons both clinically and culturally
OD Student Research, MS Student Research and
At SCCO we have a long tradition of performing optometric research and our reputation is well established. We offer many opportunities for students and faculty to explore their interests and conduct or collaborate in studies through a number of different programs.