Student Government - Student Services
MBKU's Student Association Government
Every year, each class elects a president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer, as well as Student Association officers to represent the student body. Each class is free to maintain its own voluntary organization and treasury for social and other MBKU functions under the supervision of the Student Association.
The University Student Executive Council
The Student Association is overseen by the University Student Executive Council (USEC) which is made up of an elected president, treasurer and secretary and the class presidents from every class. Elections for new officers take place during the spring of each academic year. The annual Student Association fee is collected by the University Controller to subsidize university-wide student activities approved by the Student Association. A portion of these fees go directly to each class for use by respective class cabinets. These funds are typically used for programs, events, and/or other initiatives. Expenditure of these funds is under the control of the Student Association.
- SA President: The president oversees monthly USEC meetings, raises agenda items that need to be discussed during the meetings, assigns for special projects and nurtures a spirit of cooperation among all USEC members and the student government leaders. The president also serves as a liaison between the students and the MBKU Board of Trustees and attends their meetings when requested.
- SA Secretary: The secretary composes minutes for monthly USEC meetings, thereby relaying information about current events, updates and reports to the greater student body population.
- SA Treasurer: The treasurer is responsible for managing the SA budget and handling financial reimbursement requests for each committee.
- SCCO, SPAS & COP Class Presidents: One class president is elected for each year.
- Immediate Past USEC President
University Student Community Health Committee
The University Student Community Health Committee is in charge of educating students about community health events and activities. Events that are frequently held include health and vision screenings, blood drives for the American Red Cross and the Healthy Athlete screenings for Special Olympics.
University Student Education Committee
The University Student Education Committee is in charge of organizing co-curricular interprofessional education seminars and events. Interprofessional events are in the making and Partnerships in Optometry is an annual event where renowned speakers from different aspects of optometry come to MBKU to educate students about different practice modalities.
University Student Relations Committee
The University Student Relations Committee oversees and coordinates the student events and class and club fundraisers. The committee is also responsible for organizing and conducting the MBKU Student Association elections.
Student Professional Organization Committees
Each program has student liaison representatives whose role it is to represent MBKU, and specifically their program.