APhA’s Pharmacy-Based Cardiovascular Disease Risk Management Certificate Training Program - 20 Hours of CE
Available for the first time in California, you are invited to join us on Saturday November 4, 2017, for APhA’s Pharmacy-Based Cardiovascular Disease Risk Management Certificate Training Program. At the conclusion of the program, you will earn 20 Hours of CE.
This practice-based activity is the first step for pharmacists interested in learning the essential skills to successfully assess risk, promote cardiovascular disease prevention and encourage patient adherence to therapy.
Hosted by: Marshall B. Ketchum University
Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017
Time: 7:30 a.m. check in, program 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Lunch provided
Location: 2575 Yorba Linda Blvd., Fullerton CA 95831
Cost: $349 early bird registration (until Oct. 4)
$399 registration after Oct. 4
Contact: Bonnie Dellatorre, firstname.lastname@example.org, 714.449.7495 or Monica Trivedi, PharmD, email@example.com , 714.872.5694
Register today. Space is limited.
The goals of this program are to:
- Educate pharmacists on current evidence-based treatment goals and clinical management recommendations for dyslipidemia and hypertension.
- Familiarize pharmacists with important concepts related to healthful lifestyle changes that focus on cardiovascular disease prevention.
- Introduce techniques and skills for encouraging patient adherence to prescribed therapies.
- Ensure pharmacist proficiency in blood pressure measurement technique and point-of-care lipid testing.
- Enhance pharmacist experience in applying elements of motivational interviewing with respect to medication adherence and lifestyle modifications.
APhA’s Pharmacy-Based Cardiovascular Disease Risk Management certificate training program has two components: web-based interactive self-study with assessment and the live seminar with online final assessment. A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to participants who successfully complete all program components, including an evaluation.