Settle In Before Classes Begin
We are excited to welcome our new and returning students back to campus for the Winter Quarter on a hybrid format, who are arriving from locations both near and far. Due to the pandemic nature of COVID-19 at this time and out of an abundance of caution, we must consider that many individuals may be asymptomatic for a period of time, or may never become symptomatic at all and thus treat everyone as a possible risk of infection.
As a safety measure for the MBKU community, we ask that you do the following before arriving in-person to the Fullerton campus:
Winter 2022 Guidance
- All lectures will move to a remote format. No in-person lectures will occur. We strive to limit your time on campus for your safety.
- Laboratories, skill sessions and Ketchum clinics will occur at normally scheduled times and locations.
- Each program will determine exam administration and will be communicating with students directly.
- The library will be open with limited capacity. The Library Website has a counter on how many spaces are available in real time.
- The study and conference rooms will be closed during this time.
- We are discouraging congregation of groups. Please eat and drink alone or in very small numbers and with lots of social distancing. Eat alone or outside if you are able.
- Clinic operations will continue with increased screening and communication to patients providing options to reschedule and self-assess for symptoms.
- We know that some students will become ill with the virus. Please reach out to Dr. Grove if you have been exposed or have symptoms. Protocols are in place to report your absence to your program. When you are cleared, your programs will provide flexibility during this time to allow you to persist and continue successfully in your program.
- The gym on main campus will also be closed during this time period.
- College Retreats and/or Student Admissions Events – Please proceed under “COVID” guidelines
- Mission Trips/Health Fairs – Must be reviewed and approved by Program Director/Dean and President
- Everyone must be masked (except for eating/drinking) and socially distanced
- Student lounges for food only - no studying or lingering at this time
- No food in lecture halls, labs, conference rooms or study rooms. Beverages will be allowed. Masks removed only for sipping beverages
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE UNWELL. DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS. If you are uncertain whether you have been exposed to COVID, get tested to confirm your status. Please contact Dr. Brandon Grove at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714.463.7549 for further instructions on whether you are cleared to be on campus.
- In compliance with the California Department of Public Health, WE ARE REQUIRING ALL THOSE WHO ARE VACCINATED TO OBTAIN A BOOSTER VACCINATION AND PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION BY FEBRUARY 1. We recognize that if your second vaccination occurred less then 6 months ago you will need to wait to obtain the booster.
- There will be a strict adherence to masks both inside and outside MBKU facilities.
- We recommend that you increase your mask protection by either double masking or wearing KN-95 masks at this time.