We love connecting with prospective students and have a variety of ways to do so. Please see the various options below and choose whatever best fits your needs. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Schedule a Campus Tour or Advising Session
Due to COVID-19 mandates, all on-campus events have been cancelled until further notice. If you would like to schedule a phone advising session, please email your availability to ODadmissions@ketchum.edu and someone will get back to you promptly to set up a call. We look forward to connecting with you virtually!
Tours of the school and advising sessions are arranged by appointment. Schedule a campus tour and/or a one-on-one counseling session with an admissions director Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
Watch the Virtual Campus Tour Video
Join SCCO Admissions and our students for a virtual campus tour. While it's not business as usual here with the pandemic going on, this video provides a glimpse into what life is like on the main campus for SCCO students. Take a look and check out the Student Union, pre-clinic labs, lecture halls, library, and more.
The Southern California College of Optometry at MBKU invites you to join us at one of our Admissions Events. These annual events offer a great opportunity for prospective students at all levels of interest to explore the optometry profession, SCCO's program, MBKU's campus, student life and more.
Virtual Summer Admissions Workshop
This event is designed for potential students who are strategizing for and planning to apply in the upcoming admissions cycle.
Detailed information on increasing applicant competitiveness and the ins-and-outs of the admissions process are chief topics. MBKU students present in a panel discussion. Along with potential students, parents/significant others are invited to attend to learn more about what our program has to offer, as well as a Financial Aid briefing.
Watch Recordings of the 2021 Summer Admissions Workshops
Introductions and Program Overview
- Welcome and a brief overview of the various presentations
The Application, Admissions Process and Financial Aid Info by Eryn Kraning, Director of Admissions:
- Various aspects of the OptomCAS admissions process and how it unfolds
- What it takes to become a competitive applicant to SCCO’s program
- Primer on the financial aid process for grad students planning to attend SCCO
Optometry’s Bright Future
- SCCO’s Dean, Dr. Jenny Coyle helps to fire you up for the admissions process with her talk about what it will be like to be a doctor of optometry and what the profession has meant to her
How to Prepare to Interview and Words of Encouragement by Jane Ann Munroe, OD, Assistant Dean of Admissions
- Various interview preparation tips and tricks to get you prepared for the interview process
- At 26:06 into the video, the features and benefits of what SCCO has to offer optometry students is there for considering SCCO as their program of choice
- Words of encouragement to keep you inspired to persevere through the inherently stressful but very exciting process of applying to optometry school!
SCCO Student Ambassadors Talk About How They Began Competitive Applicants
- A group of your peers discuss how they went about the admissions process
Virtual Spring Admissions Open House
It’s our biggest event of the year! The Spring Admissions Open House is geared for those who want to learn more about the profession, the admissions process and SCCO's program. This live, virtual event was held in April 2021 and included a welcome from the Dean, presentations from admissions advisors, Q&A with students and faculty and more!
Watch a Recording of the 2021 Virtual Spring Admissions Open House
Requesting Presentations from SCCO for your Club or Group
We look forward to connecting with Pre-Optometry Clubs to share about our program and the admissions process whether in person or virtually! Please submit your request through our form and we will get back to you promptly to set up a visit.