Wellness is a priority at Marshall B. Ketchum University. MBKU offers students a continuum of wellness support including mental health and counseling services.
Mental health includes emotional, psychological and social well-being. Individualized counseling services are available to students on a temporary, part-time, and flexible schedule throughout the year. Students needing long-term therapy are referred to their health care professional. A list of local mental health and assessment providers is located on the portal.
Services are student-centered, culturally sensitive and respectful of the diverse backgrounds and experiences of students.
Counseling may cover a range of topics including:
- Academics – stress, test anxiety, fear of failure, challenging coursework, etc.
- Social and emotional well-being – transitions, friendship challenges, feelings of inadequacy, panic attacks, living situations, etc.
Health & Wellness
Additionally, University Student Affairs coordinates a variety of events and activities throughout the year to encourage students to focus on resilience and wellness.
- Yoga on the lawn
- Wednesday Wellness Walks
- Crafting activities
- Therapy Puppies
- Workshops – Managing Stress, Imposter Syndrome, Time Management, and more
Additional resources are available within the Student Achievement Center Moodle course including:
- Managing Anxiety
- Recognizing Signs of Distress in Yourself and Others
- Benefits of Mindfulness
- Strategies to Improve Wellness
For inquiries regarding counseling services, please contact University Student Affairs at email@example.com.
- Suicide and Crisis Hotline: 988
- National Crisis Textline: text HOME to 741741 for 24/7 crisis support
- Transgender Suicide Hotline: 877.565.8860
- National Mental Health Hotline: 866.677.5924
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: 800.950.6264