MBKU's Student Government Association
Every year, each class elects a president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer, as well as Student Government Association officers to represent the student body. Each class is free to maintain its own voluntary organization and treasury for social and other MBKU functions under the supervision of the Student Government Association.
The University Student Executive Council
The Student Government Association (SGA) is overseen by the University Student Executive Council (USEC) which is made up of an elected president, vice president, treasurer and secretary, the class presidents from every class and the committee chairs of the SGA. These SGA members have voting rights on all motions presented to the SGA. Elections for new officers take place during the spring of each academic year. The annual Student Government Association fee is collected by the University Controller to subsidize university-wide student activities approved by the SGA. A portion of these fees go directly to each class for use by respective class cabinets. These funds are typically used for programs, events, and/or other initiatives. Expenditure of these funds is under the control of the SGA.
- SGA President: The president oversees monthly USEC meetings, raises agenda items that need to be discussed during the meetings, assigns for special projects and nurtures a spirit of cooperation among all USEC members and the student government leaders. The president also serves as a liaison between the students and the MBKU Board of Trustees and attends their meetings when requested.
- SGA Vice President: The vice president provides support to the president when needed, oversees the Inter-professional sub-committee and oversees the elections process each year.
- SGA Secretary: The secretary composes minutes for monthly SGA meetings, thereby relaying information about current events, updates and reports to the greater student body population.
- SGA Treasurer: The treasurer is responsible for managing the SGA budget and handling financial reimbursement requests for each committee.
- SCCO, SPAS & COP Class Presidents: One class president is elected for each year.
- Committee chairs: Each committee has an elected chair for each year.
Student Government Association Committees
The Student Government Association currently has three committees who are responsible for various social and education programming on campus, as well as the management of student clubs. All committee members are considered members of the Student Government Association, while the committee chairs are members of USEC and represent their committee when voting on motions brought to the floor. Both committee chairs and committee members are voted on by the student body in the spring elections.
University Student Extracurricular Committee
The University Student Extracurricular Committee is in charge of organizing, coordinating, supervising and implementing all Student Government Association extracurricular activities for MBKU students including large-scale traditional offerings like the Welcome Back BBQ, MBKU Spirit Week, Winter Formal, Talent Show, and the Student Appreciation Picnic.
University Student Health Committee
The University Student Health Committee is in charge of educating students about community health events and organizing activities. Events that are frequently held include blood drives for the American Red Cross and the annual health week. Our mission statement is "To promote a healthy lifestyle, bring awareness to health issues, and to stay connected with our community".
University Student Relations Committee
The University Student Relations Committee oversees and coordinates the student events and class and club fundraisers, organizes the yearly Club Info Night for incoming students to learn about what clubs are present on campus, and holds quarterly meetings with club leadership.
2022-23 Student Government Association Members
University Student Executive Council (USEC)
SGA President: Farbod Fathi, COP 2024
Vice President: Gavin Jaime, SCCO 2025
Treasurer: Amina Ahmad-Khan, COP 2024
Secretary: Matthew Gutierrez, SCCO 2025
SCCO 2023 Class President: Kevin Nguyen
SCCO 2024 Class President: Lynn Ma
SCCO 2025 Class President: Ahmed Fayad
COP 2023 Class President: Dev Udani
COP 2024 Class President: John Paul de Guia
COP 2025 Class President: Thuy Vu
SPAS 2022 Class President: Erika McCracken
SPAS 2023 Class President: Hannah Nandor
Extracurricular Committee Chair: Eileen Cheng, SCCO 2025
Health Committee Chair: Thao Tran, COP 2024
Student Relations Committee Chair: Jade Ku, COP 2024
Breonca Johnson, COP 2025
Thao Tran, COP 2024
Thuy Vu, COP 2025
Kalista Vue, COP 2025
Breonca Johnson, COP 2025
Amelia Maniago, COP 2024
Carolyn Nguyen, COP 2024
Kalista Vue, COP 2025
Student Relations Committee:
Dillon Banh, COP 2025
Joan Oyelakin, COP 2025
Arbaaz Patel, SCCO 2025
Kaitlyn Tsou, SCCO 2025