The big question that runs through many student’s minds is: To relax or not to relax?!
There is no right or wrong answer to this question! It is a personal choice. However, the free weekend in between modules (at least for PA students) are there for a reason. It is a time to unwind and give your brain a much-needed break and reset. If you keep going full speed without any breaks the much-dreaded "burnout" rears its ugly head.
So, you decide it’s time to relax, the next question that comes up is: I have all this free time, what do I do?! The world is your oyster! Here are some fun activities that will help you recharge and reset.
- Sleep: Many graduate students look forward to this activity!
- Spend quality time with family or friends
- Go out to dinner
- Try axe throwing: Sauced BBQ & Spirits in Orange – great stress reliever!
- Try rock climbing: Hangar 18 or Sender One
- Get some sunshine and fresh air by doing an outdoor activity
- Relax at a beach
- Ride a bike
- Read a book
- Binge watch your favorite TV show/series
- Pinot’s Palette: Drink while you paint!
- Visit Catalina
- Visit an amusement park: Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Universal Studios, etc.
I hope you get some inspiration from these suggestions! If you are looking for specific food places/cafes, my friends, Ryan Johnson and Tiffany Jeng, found some of the best spots in the area and shared them in their blogs, feel free to check it out!