Young School, Old Traditions
Located in the city of Fullerton, in beautiful southern California, Marshall B. Ketchum University’s College of Pharmacy is part of a renowned institution that was founded by our namesake back in 1904. More than a century later, in 2013, we opened our doors, and in just two years, accepted our inaugural class of next-generation pharmacists.
Today, following MBKU’s rich tradition of collaboration and innovation, our College of Pharmacy continues to deliver a groundbreaking new program—one that not only benefits from our faculty’s considerable expertise, but also from our leadership in interprofessional education, which emphasizes communication, safety and quality of care to deliver the best possible patient outcomes.
Virtual Tour - College of Pharmacy
Your Custom Educational Experience
Because ours is a smaller, newer, more agile PharmD program, you’ll have substantial access to MBKU faculty. These connections facilitate a level of flexibility and opportunity not found at other institutions, enabling you to more easily:
- Find appropriate faculty mentors
- Get extra assistance for clinical and academic success
- Choose organizations, electives and activities that match your individual interests
- Increase your knowledge of professional specialties
- Participate in pharmacy-related research
- Obtain faculty letters of recommendation
While we are proud of our integrated curriculum and active-learning emphasis, our smaller size keeps us flexible enough to adjust coursework and teaching methods to match the pharmacy profession’s ever-evolving needs. This helps MBKU grads confidently transition into a meaningful and satisfying health care career.
Leverage Your Capstone Project
At MBKU, your required Capstone project can range from literature reviews to scientific bench research. Students seeking residency can utilize the Capstone to earn professional publication. Those not interested in residency can forego efforts to publish and focus their attention and energy on subjects that interest them more.
Like what you see? Apply now. Or learn more about MBKU’s admissions process or requirements.
Marshall B. Ketchum University will be a recognized innovator and provider of distinctive, highest quality interprofessional education, scholarship, collaborative practice, and social and community outreach events.
The mission of Marshall B. Ketchum University is to provide educational opportunities in an integrated approach to patient-centered, collaborative practice.
The College of Pharmacy at Marshall B. Ketchum University is guided by the values of the university. These are:
- Excellence: Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy is committed to high quality and the pursuit of excellence in all that we do. This ongoing commitment requires us to reach within, adding the very best of our own capabilities to those of others; together, helping the university achieve excellence in its mission. The legacy of tradition and leadership of the university demands nothing less than excellence.
- Integrity: At the Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy, we stand up for what we believe and we are honest with ourselves and others. The university community demonstrates its commitment to integrity by being just, respectful and consistent in words and actions.
- Innovation: By embracing innovation, Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy is constantly striving for and expecting the better idea. Innovation demands that we have the courage to experiment without fear and dream about creative and unique ways of advancing our university endeavor.
- Compassion: Our obligation and commitment to compassion is through our active service to the community, and the cultivation of these priorities and values in the members of Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy. We are committed to a life of service and compassion as health care providers, responding to the needs of others and providing a caring and safe environment to all who require care.
- Respect: Respect requires that we embrace diverse cultures, communities and points of view. We value each individual’s unique talents, respect the dignity of each person and strive to foster a commitment to excellence. The strength of Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy builds on the respect for the unity and diversity of our people, on the open exchange of ideas, life-long learning and working harmoniously.
Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy’s Doctor of Pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, located at 190 South LaSalle Street, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60603-3499; (phone) 312.664.3575; (fax) 866.228.2631; visit the ACPE website.
|Class of 2023 PGY-1 Residency Match Rate||
Class of 2023 PGY-2 Residency Match Rate
|Class of 2023 Employment Rate at Prior to Graduation|
|Class Graduation Year||
First Time NAPLEX Pass Rate
|On-Time Graduation Rate|
For more information, Connect with Us